Junction boxes «KS-D» made of steel
Junction boxes type “KS-D” (referred hereinafter as boxes) are designed for installation of terminal clamps (other devices on Customer's request) in case of operation in areas with explosion hazard.
Application field - explosion hazardous areas of rooms and outdoor plants as per explosion protection marking.
Housing of boxes is made of 13MnSi5 (12Cr18Ni10Ti on Customer's request) and has electroplated galvanic anti-corrosive and varnish-and-paint coating (fig. 1). Cable entries are welded into housing wall. Tightness of housings is provided by rubber sealing of cover and cable fittings. The housings have two grounding clamps (internal and external). Removable cover is fastened using hexagon head bolts. Housing mounting: two external mounting points. Round-section cables are applied. Mounting of cable wires is made using screw terminal clamps (two wires with 2 mm2 section into each clamp). Cable entries can be placed in one or two rows (fig. 2, 3)lt;/p>
Explosion protection marking - 1ExdIIBT4 (1ExdIICT4 on Customer's request).
Ingress protection degree rating - IP66.
Ambient temperature - (-50...+60)°С.
Maximal voltage (АС, DC), V: 300.
Maximal curent intensity, A: 10.
Климатическое исполнение: УХЛ1.
Main types and design parameters of boxes are shown in tables 1, 2.
1) Column “Type” consists main designation of box formed by enumeration of its internal parameters values “D” and “Н” (fig 2, 3).
2) 2) Columns “D12”, “D18”, “D26” consist maximal number of corresponding cable fittings (see section “Cable fittings”), that can be placed on cylindrical part of housing.
3) “Nк “- maximal number of terminal clamps that can be placed into box.
4) “L” - installation dimensions of holes on the mounting plate (fig. 2, 3).
The following is specified in box designation:
- box type;
- number, type of cable fittings;
- number of terminal clamps.
5) “Pipe” - pipe type as per ГОСТ 8732-78 is specified, that can be applied as blank for box housing manufacturing.
a) “Junction box KS-D70.80-3D12-10”, where:
“KS-D70.80”- type of box as per table 1,
”-3D12” - three cable fittings, 12 mm diameter;
“-10” - ten terminal clamps.
б) “Junction box KS-D130.137-1D26-6D12-3D18-30”, where:
“D130.137”- type of box as per table 2,
”-1D26” - single cable fitting, 26 mm diameter;
”-6D12” - six cable fittings, 12 mm diameter;
“-3D18” - three cable fitting, 18 mm diameter;
“-30” - thirty terminal clamps.
Boxes can be fitted with DIN rail instead of terminal clamps (fig. 1) for attachment of terminal clamps of other types or devices (please inform Manufacturer about required terminal clamps). Designation of modification “KS-box type - number, type of cable fittings - DIN;rdquo;.
Number of internal terminal clamps can be extended on order. Designation: “KS-...-2M” (two internal terminal clamps).